|
Monday, August 29, 2005
|
Slummin'. Last sunday, I drove Em out to the East Austin campus of ACC because she didn't know where it was for her class today. We went out at around 8:00 PM, which was probably a bad idea since that's when the crackies come out. On the way down there, Em's face just got whiter than usual as we passed up pawn shops, liquior stores and the occasional Church's Chicken.
"Don't sweat" I told her, "because they can smell fear."
Well, my dumb ass took the wrong turn on East 12th and we ended up somewhere between The Latin Kings World Headquarters and The Crack House (As seen on HGTV). I wonder how many of those cops down there thought we were suburbanites out looking for some rock?
I told The G' about it this morning and he asked if I would reconsider joining his cause: The General's Race to Eliminate Poverty, which incidently, is to literally eliminate poor people. Find the humor in this, because it really is funny.
---
Awesome:
posted by HZA | 8:36 PM | email | archive
