|
Sunday, January 15, 2006
|
You knew it was coming. The other day, T sent me the recipe for Benihana's Fried Rice, so I forwarded it to Em. We tried to make it tonight, but not with the instant rice that we usually eat. So we went up to Fry's to pick out a model to do some rice cooking in. As I walked out of there, carrying my Rice Cooker with 'Yan Can Cook!' plastered all of the sides (I'm not kidding), I could feel everyone looking at me, thinking, "I knew it."
We hit up the Asian Market next to Thor's Hammer's (Comic Book Shop and Celibacy Consultation Center). I haven't been in one in a while, so it was pretty neat to see what the Asian Market Industry was up to..which was pretty much the same thing. An amusing side note: they had candy pastries dipped in pink chocolate called 'Gookies'.
Well, it didn't quite turn out to be like Benihana's. Our first round of rice went all gooey and mushy (hurt my Asian Ego a little, I mean, making rice is supposed to be like breathing air or pulling a rickshaw).
posted by HZA | 9:26 PM | email | archive
