Thursday, April 13, 2006
Cry baby, cry. I came home from work today and Em was watching 'The Notebook', which if you recall, was the feel good dementia movie of 2004. I'm not sure what Em was expecting, but halfway through the second act her head was a big snotty ball of tears. Whelps of "That's so sad" and "poor guy" (in between sobs) was all I heard.

During an important scene, the DVR switched to Em's scheduled recording of The OC. Em frantically scrambled to operate the remote but it wouldn't change the channel back to 'The Notebook'. What ensued was the most stressfull moment of the last two weeks, as she was yelling at the cable box and I was yelling at her from the kitchen to calm down. Meanwhile Franky is forever mentally scarred.

We were able to get 'The Notebook' back and I gave her a box of tissues to sop up the Schlitterbaun flowing down her face.

I didn't think it was that bad. Definitely a solid hetero movie, especially in the wake of Brokeback. I'll need to watch fifteen of these bad boys to flush that one out of my system. That reminds me of the General, who called me up the other day and said, "Hey man, Julie and I saw Brokeback last night." He then softened his tone and sounded a little scared, "..I don't want to go back to Brokeback!"

---

Club Pure. Club Pure at Ceasar's Palace was banging our last night in Vegas. It's a really sweet club/bar/cabaret/meat market that has a patio that overlooks the Vegas Strip. It's so nice, beer was literally $8.00 (which they pour in a super expensive Dixie plastic cup). Fortunately for us, we got toasted enough during the open bar to not have to hang there too long.

The funny part was that we showed up (as usual) a little late and had to convince the bouncer's that we weren't trying to crash a free party. They requested our conference badges, which were in our car, which was parked 2.3 miles away in the Caesar's Palace Parking Colliseum. You remember that Blue's Traveler video where those kids are trying to get into the club where Blue's Traveler is playing behind the curtain? Yeah, that was us.

Here's the funny part: When we were in the club, T.Licious and I were talking to our Account Manager and asked him if he was married. He said yes, but that they were seperated. He started talking about his relationship which gave me a good reason to duck out for another drink. When I get back, I hear something to tune of:

"Yeah, so this guy was hanging around, feeding ideas to my wife and next thing you know it, they're sleeping together." I see T and he's just nodding away, but I can tell by the look in his face that he's thinking WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I went off to look for Paul but his mouth was attached to some beer tap. I heard later that the Acct. Manager was talking about how his mom hooked up with one guy online who always beat her and that she eventually left him and moved in with somebody else she met online.

Vegas. It's financially and emotionally draining.
posted by HZA | 9:29 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr