Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Vegas. Company's sending the I.T. Crew to The City in the Desert. What's sweet is they'll be shipping us back there in June, so I'll get to see the glitz and glamour that is the City of Living Sin twice. The way we roll isn't like other I.T. departments, with their mongoloid, socially retarded, pony-tailed Quake III playing asses.

We got to meet the IT Dept. of one of our vendors the other week and it was like meeting a rival biker gang, but less homosexual. We shook the hands of one guy and saw another one slide out halfway from the his cubicle to grunt his salutation.

After we closed the door on their nest, we could hear shuffling (like roaches) in the room. I think once in a while, they take them out for a walk and maybe, just maybe, let them sniff each other's asses.

To illustrate my point:

Your IT Dept:

This is a bit of an exaggeration, as they normally get uncomfortable around other humans. Besides, that guy with the JewFro is probably reading your Outlook.


Our IT Dept:

Now we're talking. Who wouldn't want your VPN installed by these guys? Our Help Desk hold music even plays Jan Hammer.


Bottom line: If there were Academic Olympics, our team would definitely come home with the Gold, or at least not get kicked out of Greek Row.
posted by HZA | 11:08 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr