Thursday, June 22, 2006
The times, they are...ummm, changing. Took the Acura in for an oil change and they actually discounted me the difference for bringing my own oil. Now, before you start calling me a cheap bastard, they do charge you 2 dollars extra per quart than Wal-Mart for the synthetic stuff, so it only makes sense to. So don't go off thinking I make my own motor oil in my garage.

I bought new filters for the in-cabin A/C filter and finally replaced them after 50k miles. When I removed them, the original two filters were caked full of bugs, leaves and grit. I was wondering why my A/C wasn't cooling me off this summer (I attributed it to the equilibrium of A. Getting too damn hot and B. Getting too damn fat). Let's cross our fingers and pray I'm not sweating like two Turks in a bath house tomorrow.

---

Guilty of freebies. The Acura dealership I go to usually has free juice, free water, free fruit, free donuts, free coffee, free Acura promotional materials and free cookies for customers waiting in the service lobby. There was a stack of fresh Otis Spunkmeyer's at the checkout lane and I felt a little guilty for taking three, even after the lady said, "Take as many as you want!" I could see her eyes bug out when I took mine..probably thinking to herself, "Figure of speech, you cheap coolie."

I resisted the urge to hit the juice fridge and just sat down. While I was hoarding my cookies, I noticed a mom literally feeding three of her kids lunch with all the free snacks available. Two things ran through my head: 1.) I'll never subject my kids to a freebie lunch snack and 2.) It's a pretty good idea though..

---

Power tools. I really want a pnuematic nail gun. Don't ask me why, but your first guess should be, to nail the shit out of something..
posted by HZA | 10:38 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr