|
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
|
Hey, guess what.. if you blinked, it rained a little this week. While this has temporarily allowed me to not water the lawn every freaking day, it jumped back up to abnormally uncomfortable levels today. I got word from The Wally Champ that he's finally landed in Bean-Town and is enjoying that city's mass transit system. He did mention this little tid-bit:
"There are some shady motherfuckers on the subway. There's an area called Back Bay, where they're doing a lot of reclamation and stuff, and Paul and Cassandra say that it's the ghetto and that more rapes and crime happen there than any other area of Boston, and it's right in the middle of the subway line."Meanwhile, this whole blog took me 30 minutes to write because there's a bug flying around in my office that's intent on destroying my evening. I even got the fly swatter out for this gnat, which is tantamount to shooting a horse with a rocket launcher.
---
Veggie Lunch. Had lunch with Em and Irene at a South Austin eatery that specializes in tasteless food. Ever since Em got a Vegan/Vegetarian/Organic kick the other week, it's been exteremely devoid of flavor at my house. Every time I complain about having to eat another salad, I get: "You can go to Whataburger if you want." If it weren't so damn hot outside, I'd take her up on that.
posted by HZA | 10:03 PM | email | archive
