Monday, August 07, 2006
Summer Entertain-a-thon. I keep up on the latest and greatest summer distractions, and let all my loyal readers know "what's up." Now, I haven't been to the theaters in a while, mainly because my old lady and I have been holed up in our abode (due to lack of gumption), but we have managed to see some of last years biggest hits/flops.

Movies:

Crash - 2006 Academy Award Winner for Most Overrated Movie. A super-charged, highly exaggerated look at race relations in L.A. See it, just to say you saw it and whenever anybody mentions this film, comment, "That was a good movie." That's a little social tip for you.

Elizabethtown - It's hard enough to watch Kirsten Dunst's snaggleteeth, but more amazing is young hotness Orlando Bloom's single expression throughout the film. The movie sucked, by the way.

Match Point - I didn't see this one, but my wife told me it sucked. I did see Woody Allen's Play it again, Sam the other day on HBO-18 and was thoroughly amused.

The Constant Gardener - Ralph Fiennes, in a stretch role for him, plays an Englishman. I enjoyed this one.

The Family Stone - Saw the first 20 mins. of this crap before I crept off to the computer. One of the few films where I actually didn't really want to know how it ended.

TV Shows:

Hell's Kitchen - This is the best show on Television and the 2nd Season just got juicier (pun, completely unintended). Gordon Ramsey is the biggest asshole in the kitchen, and that's what makes him endearing in that Scottish trite sort of way.

So you think you can Dance? - So you think I give can give a shit?

Rome, Engineering an Empire - Great show on History Channel tracing the timeline of great Roman engineering feats with tidbits of all your favorite Emperor's (especially the craaazzzy ones).
posted by HZA | 11:23 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr