|
Sunday, September 24, 2006
|
CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. The Department of Defense has announced the death of a Marine from Stephenville, Texas.Chris was a friend of mine from High School and I found out last week that he was killed in action from another friend from the same class. While I'm not trying to make light of the situation, the fondest memory of Chris was when we were on a school trip to Dallas, we had some girls from Round Rock High with us, one of which Chris was desperately trying to hook up with.
Twenty-eight-year-old Christopher Zimmerman died yesterday while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in the Anbar province of Iraq.
Zimmerman was assigned to 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune.
unbeknownst to us, she was actually dating one of the other girls. Hilarity ensued and Chris got a bunch of sh-t for that. He found me on myspace not too long ago and we had plans to meet up for a beer when he got back to the States. R.I.P.
posted by HZA | 10:08 PM | email | archive
