|
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
|
Acura, Made for Small Jap Hands. My lowbeam headlights went out last week, both at the same time. While astronomically and statistically (nearly) impossible, it did happen. Had they gone out within my 50k Warranty, I could have had them replaced for free at the dealership. But being that life generally sucks, they went out of warranty and left for me to do.
The engineers at Acura must have really thought it out for their domestic market, because they literally left about 2 inches of space to pull the socket gasket, flip the retention wire and then pull the bulb out. Not to mention it's a race against space to not touch the halogen bulb with your greasy sausage fingers.
Worst part of it all was that for two nights I had to drive around with my High Beams on. The first night I made it to my neighborhood before I got stuck behind some grandma, cruising 20MPH. I guess I could have pulled over and waited for her to get some distance, but I pretty much shadowed her with my high beams up in her face for quite some time.
The second night, it was down pouring so bad, I don't think anybody noticed. Besides, T was in front of me the whole ride home.
---
New Year's Resolutions. My annual list of next years disappointments:
- Be kinder, more gentle, less "jack-ass-ey".
- Lose some weight, fatass.
- Eat healthier (i.e. stop eating out with those fatasses at work)
- Do more photography.
- Rise to the occasion (should the occasion arise).
- Get out of the ghetto with my raw rapping ability. Become accepted by black fans and peers.
- Get invited to a Prom.
- Start getting 2008 list ready, which should compose of this year's list #'s 1-3.
- Show you, my internet reader, the affection that you deserve.
posted by HZA | 10:26 PM | email | archive
