Sunday, June 10, 2007
Back in town. Was finally glad to be out of the State of Colorado. Last Thursday, they let us out of the class review at about 10:30AM and said it would only take about 15 minutes for them to reboot the systems into the test mode so we could take the Certification Exam. As the time ticked away, it got closer to 11:00AM, then finally 11:30AM. I had to reschedule my cab to come pick me up at 1:00PM, take me to Denver and hopefully catch my flight.

They finally let us take the exam at 11:45AM, so made haste, passed the exam and hauled ass to check out my hotel and make the cab. I made it back to Austin and glad to be home (except for the heat). Glad hell week is over.

---

Sony A-100. My love bug with the Olympus E-500 was short lived--the release mechanism for the pop-up flash would not disengage and would allow the flash to fire in the closed position. I sent it back as defective, but I was never 'really' happy with some of the ergonomics and features it had. I contemplated on getting a Nikon DSLR, something like the D40x or D80, but settled on the Sony A-100 because of the built in sensor image stabilizer (Super Steady Shot as Sony calls it). Since it's built on what was Konica-Minolta, the AF (still slot driven, but not all too intrusive) and metering mechanisms are pretty good. The only downside is the Auto-White Balance can be easily tricked.

Here is a shot with one of my regular models, Gus:


posted by HZA | 3:29 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr