|
Monday, March 31, 2008
|
Well. I decided to go ahead and try to post something, anything, at least for the month of April. While the mild excitement of my mostly melancholy 20's has led way to the roaring contentment of my 30's, I think there should be bits of interest strewn somewhere.
This weekend, Em, Daniel and Iranwalked the Capitol 10K. It was my first time walking it, and I have to say: "Boy, are my thighs tired." (I say this with a straight face and without any hint of g@y innuendo). There were a couple blunders made on my part by walking it with cargo shorts and a hoodie (Em had hers on too) as well as not hydrating myself up to the point of the event (I have to walk 6 miles tomorrow, another beer? Why the f-- not!!).
It's a little unnerving seeing grown men in such short shorts, but I have to take the bad with the good, which were the women running in such short shorts. The culmination of the event was about 4.5 miles into it and Em, gasping for air, said: "Don't make me laugh anymore, I'm too tired."
posted by HZA | 10:43 AM | email | archive
